About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

That's surprisingly good. It's easy to predict what will be happening in the show: the father-daughter like bond between the main characters, both learning stuff about golf and life through each other, both growing. I mean, it's clear that the guy will explain to the girl, that it would be nice for her to learn more physics for better play thus she needs to go to high school, and thus - leave island, while he will care for her. Or something like that. But the presentation is good (even though the art style feels a bit dated). Also similar to Overtake! I feel like I can learn something about golf here in good bite-size format.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Just slight change of hair and a hoody and Tonbo now looks like a young adult, and not a child.Adultier Tonbo

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 13:

The finale felt a bit rushed and kind of anti-climactic. Mostly since the main "conflict" or "problem" was resolved in episode 12. 13th episode was more like an epilogue, which did not brought that much if anything to the whole story. Since previous episode had a short time-skip, they probably could have dropped quite a few things and turn 2 episodes into 1. But I guess they wanted to show off prettier Tonbo more.

Aside from that, this show is not only a way to show how golf may not be as superficial as one may think from the way it's been portrayed in most of mass media. It is also a bit about parenting. And, yes, one may say that Igaiga might have been a bit manipulative at certain times, but it did allow him to gradually change Tonbo's perspective on things and push her outside of her comfort zone. Gently, and not "get out of our appartment" kind of style, which means she is most likely to not only succeed in her future, but also be happy that she left, despite having some sadness about it as well.