About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

People are saying this is a contender for anime of the season. I can see why. It definitely has a really good sense of style, and colors are amazing. it also has potential to become a wholesome story about self-acceptance, ignoring haters, and generally liking oneself more, and finding people who appreciate you. But there was something I did not like here: unnecessary suggestive poses and nudity. It got suggestive literally within 2 minutes of the start, and that was completely unnecessary, did not add anything to the character of the show. Later there was also a scene in the bath with nudity, which did express the character's feelings, but probably would not to have this specific voyeuristic camera placement. But will see if it compensates properly for this with a good story.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 6:

Maybe Mahiru is not getting her break-through because she is not telling her fans the truth about herself? I understand a level of embellishment here and there, but she was hiding a lot. People often times pickup on those fake things subconsciously, after all.

Episode 7:

The censored boob-fondling scene was completely unnecessary. Comment about Kiui having more than F cup, too. It also seem like a lie, because she and that woman did not seem to have same size at all. Getting a driver's license, when you are not sure you will actually be using it is also not a great idea: as any skill it can be forgotten, if not used, after all, and that will endanger both you and people around you.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 9:

I do not trust Kano's mother, at all, she is clearly "buying off" Mahiru, but... Kano is not better. She wanted Mahiru to succeed in her art, Mahiru gets a chance to do it, and she behaves quite selfishly when Mahiru tells about her decision. If she was this against, Kano should have talked properly with Mahiru earlier. Now she behaves a child. On the other hand, I can already predict, how Kano unrealistically realizes her mistake next episode, and decides to sing for Mahiru's sake despite everything.

Simbiat
Simbiat

Episode 12:

There was so much potential in this show, but... It all was wasted. It was extremely superficial, felt forced. It's like they had a plan: "We start with 2 girls meeting, add a few more, then they separate, and then they reunite, and to make it a bit more exciting, we add some hints at deep and dark topics, but we still want this as a light-hearted show with no character development". I mean, none of the characters developed. Not really.

Or to be more precise, it was "now I am like this", quite often literally phrased out by the character. This felty forced, like there was no real travel from one state to another. And the final message of the show? "We need to stay together for the sake of fun times". When the girls were not communicating with each other for a lot of the time. Not talking through their frustrations with each other, as in Girls Band Cry. That's what makes it not as believable as it could be.

In the end, I feel like I've wasted my time considering the amount of times I cringed watching the past few episodes. Guess, that's why they started off with suggesting images in the 1st episode, in hope, that people will stay hoping for some hot and steamy yuri, which did not happen.