About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

Kind of Pokemon, but post-apocalypse. I guess it’s not as bad as I expected, but a lot of little things feel off. I can’t even pinpoint something specific enough, but it just feels that if society was realistic, a lot of things would not happen at all.

Simbiat
Simbiat

In 10th episode I guess the boy is also a ninja or something, being able to not fall from roof of a running train... But I am more interested in how the girl was controlling her daemon, because they would need telepathy (at least) for those tricks.

Simbiat
Simbiat

I did not like the time skip in the beginning of 11th episode. It did not add anything and only made things confusing at first.

Simbiat
Simbiat

It's difficult to judge this one. Overall this is a good watch. 3D may not be the best ever, but it's still quite good, pacing is great, monsters are interesting. But it could have been better if authors paid more attention to the details of the world they were building.

From the very beginning something felt off about this anime to me. I thought initially that it was just somewhat awkward human interactions, with Kento being the main point in those (obviously). I thought maybe he is on autistic spectrum, and that's the reason. And it is that, but not only that.

There are lots of minor things that do not make sense in the world itself, and in the way that people perceive this world and live in it. One of the main rules in this world is that people "hate" daemons, but this is never explored properly inside the world, even though they clearly have scientists, who would want to know more about the reason.

There is also nothing explaining how daemons not only came to be, when exactly and how come they replaced all animals. Well, the "how" was somewhat explained in the last episode, but it did not make any sense, and was probably not true, because it was explained by a daemon, who was also talking about gods.

Through-out the whole series there were places, that alluded to daemons being a new thing, but if they were, there was no explanation  about other animals disappearing (but there was 1 cat shown, which contradicts this idea, too). But in other places, the series suggested, that daemons were always there, but then it would not make sense that they were connected to some nuclear thing (which is clearly relatively new in this world) or the fact that everyone was trying to kill them in order to survive (because of intrinsic dangers).

These are not the only inconsistences in the rules: there are also powers that make no sense based on explanations provided. Or maybe not necessarily the powers themselves, but the power levels and the way the powers are being used. Like the final "boss" was shown as smart, cunning and resourceful, but clearly was missing the point of how he could have used his powers. Which were inconsistent by themselves, too: sometimes he needed to touch things, sometimes - not.

And that is my main problem with the series: it does not create proper rules, and when it seemingly does - it does not follow them all the way and all the time. Which is too bad, because if it did, one could easily make this into a prequel of Pokemon series. I mean before the Arceus allegedly created the Pokemon world. Or maybe it was created as a parallel entity somehow. But the series does not work with its monsters that well and their behavior does not make sense from biology perspective (although Pokemon is probably not that good, too).

Still, as I said, this inability to follow its own rules does not make this into a bad series. If you try to ignore the inconsistences, you definitely can enjoy. Unless this 3D style is not your cup of tea.