About

Here you can find all forums, blogs and similar sections, that are meant for different types of communication.

Banner Hide banner

Simbiat
Simbiat

So, the "Quantum Leap" sequel/reboot is not as bad as I feared it would be, but I can say for sure, that it is moving too fast. Original was intentionally quite slow, so that you would be able to build connection with the characters in every episode. And that was one of the reasons the first couple of episodes (or maybe the whole 1st season, not sure) were longer, than usual: to calmly introduce all the main characters and their circumstances.

New version is rushing like crazy. As some reviewers had noticed, it's like "The Flash", the newer one. Or most of the "Arrowverse" for that matter. But there it kind of makes sense, especially since there is a plot-line spanning across each season, not every episode, so character development is also spanned.

I am not sure it's a good approach for "Quantum Leap", though. Especially since the characters seem quite bland and generic because of it. I am willing to give it a chance, though, because maybe it was intentional to make the 1st episode feel "chaotic".

Simbiat
Simbiat

Just finished 2nd season. It was a bit of a mixed bag. There were a couple of moments, where "modern woke agenda" was added just for the sake of being added, rather than adding something to respective characters. Those moments were not handled as bad as they might have been (compared to some other recent shows), but they still felt a bit off.

Despite still feeling much faster than the original show, 2nd season of the 2022 sequel managed to get a bit closer to the feel of the 90s, though. it definitely focused more on strong bonds that people make along their lives, and how those bonds change people and how those bonds change themselves. The approach was ab it more "naive", I guess, compared to somewhat more "profound" one in the 90s, but, personally, it left me satisfied with.

The ending was satisfying, too. At the moment of writing it's unknown if there will be a 3rd season, and I am fine either way. Sam Beckett's last moments in the show were "bitter" part of "bittersweet", but the reboot was more "sweet", and it would be a perfectly good point to end things. On the other hand, the rules clearly changed, and it may be interesting to watch, especially, if they will be facing some technology limitations as result.