Search is first done for exact match of the value, to provide faster results for exact IDs or names. If no match is found, full text search is done searching for the whole word.
You can try using these control symbols to adjust search:
- + before a word will make it required (otherwise words are considered optional)
- - before a word will exclude all matches containing it
- > before a word will increase relevance of results containing it
- < before a word will decrease relevance of results containing it
- ~ before a word will make relevance of results containing it negative, pushing them to the bottom, but not excluding like -
- * after a word will allow searching for resulting words that start from it
- " enclosing a word or a phrase will search for it literally without any possible natural search conditions applied to it
- ( ) allow you to group words for more complex conditions
If you still do not find what you are looking for you can try adding % symbol for a fuzzy search, but note, that then search can take quite a long while.